If departing from Winnipeg or Thompson airports, you will need to proceed through security following check-in. In order to ease security line-ups, please be prepared for the following security requests:
- Remove all coats, jackets, etc.
- Have electronic devices ready for inspection (laptop computers, tablets, cameras, cell phones, etc.)
- Ensure any liquids, aerosols and gels are not over the 100 ml/100 g limit and in one clear, resealable plastic bag
- Place cell phones, coins, keys and small metal items in your carry-on baggage
- Ensure all sharp items are packed in your checked luggage
- Please visit the?CATSA website?for additional security information
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) is a Crown corporation reporting to Parliament through the Minister of Transport. CATSA is responsible for delivering consistent, effective service to ensure the security and safety of air transport in Canada. CATSA is committed to ensuring the integrity of the security system through continuous improvement of its procedures, screening equipment and training programs.
To view current CATSA wait times at the Winnipeg airport click here.